Process Automation event to be held at Endress+Hauser, Manchester on Wednesday 29 June 2016
- This free to attend seminar is put on by the UK PI Group and hosted by Endress+Hauser in Manchester. The seminar addresses the key practical issues arising from the use of digital communications technologies in process and hybrid industries. Covering application areas such as Pulp & Paper, Chemical, Utilities, Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas, the seminar focuses on the practical aspects of using PROFIBUS and PROFINET in the process industry and covers system design through to maintenance and fault-finding.
- Andy Verwer is giving two presentation at this event: “System Design for Process Industry” and “PROFIBUS – Commissioning, Maintenance and Monitoring”. A full list of the presentations and registration details are available at http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ech870rg2f018192&llr=ycu456cab.
Forthcoming training events for 2016 at Endress+Hauser, Manchester
- Three-term Control (PID) basic tuning and advanced optimisation courses – week commencing Monday 4 July.
- Certified PROFIBUS Installer, Commissioning & Maintenance and Certified PROFIBUS Engineer courses – week commencing Monday 19 September.
- PROFIBUS International
Lots of good stuff here: free technical downloads, product searches, regional associations etc.
- The PROFIBUS/PROFINET User conference site
The annual conference held in the Midlands. Download past presentations.
- The AS-i Expert Alliance
Home web site for the Actuator-Sensor Interface UK User Group.
- PLC Open
The International organisation for Open PLC software using IEC61131-3 and related standards.
- CP Hexadecimal Calculator for iPhone
Useful little free app for the iPhone providing simple conversion and logic operations.
The following books are available covering modern automation and control system technology:
- Ronald W Mitchell: “PROFIBUS – A pocket guide”, ISA, 2004. Available from Siemens Ltd.
- Manfred Popp: “The new rapid way to PROFIBUS DP”, PROFIBUS Nutzerorganisation e.V. Available from PROFIBUS International.
- Manfred Popp & Karl Weber: “The rapid way to PROFINET”, PROFIBUS Nutzerorganisation e.V. Available from PROFIBUS International.
- James Powell & Henry Vandelinde: “Catching the Process Fieldbus”, published by Siemens Miltronics Process Instruments, Canada, available form PROFIBUS International.
- Christian Diedrich & Thomas Bangemann: PROFIBUS PA – Instrumentation Technology for the Process Industry, Oldenbourg Industrieverlag Munchen, 2007.
- R W Lewis: “Programming industrial control systems using IEC 1131-3”, 1995, IEE.
- Karl-Heinz John & Michael Tiegelkamp: “IEC61131-3: Programming Industrial Automation Systems”, 2001, Springer.
YouTube video links
- Andy Verwer discussing why PROFIBUS training is so important with Andrew Dummet of the PROFIBUS Association of Australia